Where else to find support

My learning

If you are concerned about your learning, or are finding some of school work difficult, you should talk to your parent/carer.  It might be helpful to talk to one of your teachers in school as well.  If you don’t want to talk to your teacher on your own, you could ask your parent/carer to arrange a meeting in school so that you can all meet together.

Emotional and mental health support

  • Kooth - is an online service for young people where they can access counselling and advice for a range of emotional issues.
  • Base 25 - is a voluntary organisation based in Wolverhampton City Centre that offers support to young people upto the age of 25. They offer a number of projects around specific issues  and also daily drop ins and counselling support.
  • Beam Wolverhampton - is run by The Children’s Society and offers drop in sessions or appointments to children upto the age of 18 (this is extended to the age of 25 if the young person has a disability or is a care leaver.
  • Childline - is a national charity offering support to children and young people who have any kind of worries that they want to talk about.
  • The Samaritans - is a national charity offering support to anyone who needs to talk or those concerned about the emotional wellbeing of another person.
  • Wolverhampton Specialist Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) - is part of the National Health Service and is based at the Gem Centre in Wednesfield. They work with children and young people aged upto 18 years who have mental health difficulties or a learning disability.
  • PAPYRUS - is a national organisation which aims to prevent suicide in young people. They offer a information on their website and a ‘Hopeline’ for young people upto the age of 35 who may be feeling suicidal.
  • Information Advice and Support Service (IASS) – IASS is for parents/carers, children and young people. The IASS offers impartial information, advice and support on matters relating to a child or young person’s special educational needs or disability from birth to 25 years.


  • Compton Care - offer a service for children and young people who have suffered bereavement. They can also support families of young people who are facing complex or incurable illnesses.
  • Cruse Bereavement Care - is a national charity offering telephone, email, face to face or peer group support to adults or children who have lost someone close.
  • Winston’s Wish - supports children and young people who have experienced a bereavement.