DfE assured Senior Mental Health Lead Training
The Educational Psychology Service is excited to re-launch our Master’s Level Accredited Leading Mental Health in Schools Award, in collaboration with University of Wolverhampton. The course has been assured for DfE grant-funded Senior Mental Health Lead training. This course will give you the tools and skills you need to lead practice in your school to promote emotional wellbeing and identify and respond to mental health needs. You will gain 20 Masters Credits towards an MA in Education by completing the course.
The course aligns with the Senior Mental Health Lead learning outcomes and covers the following areas:
- Whole-School Approaches: Creating an ethos and environment
- Identifying need and monitoring impact of interventions
- Targeted support and appropriate referrals
- Staff development
- Enabling the student voice
- Working with parents, families and carers
You will be supported to develop your understanding and practice through taught sessions, coaching sessions and by completing a critical evaluation of your setting’s current practice as part of the assessed piece of work.
The course is led by Educational Psychologists, with input from other professionals including University of Wolverhampton, CAMHS and the Co-production and Youth Engagement Team. You will have access to a University Tutor and library facilities.
Who is this for?
The award is aimed at Senior Mental Health Leads and those in education settings with a lead for emotional wellbeing and mental health.
What is involved?
- Course runs from Jan 2022 – September 2022 (future cohort March 2022 - December 2022)
- Monthly (term time) 3-hr sessions (blended approach with virtual and face-to-face)
- Short reflective tasks between sessions
- A 3000-word Master’s Level Assignment (tutorials and support provided)
What are the Outcomes?
- Assured DfE SMHL training
- 20 Masters Credits towards an MA in Education
- Certificate of Attendance and Celebratory Event
- Annual reflective session with an Educational Psychologist to support your whole-school approach
What does the course cost?
Only £360. You can use your Senior Mental Health Lead DfE grant for this.